Who We Are
The CBM is a cooperative international Christian development organization. We are committed to improving the lives of people with disabilities in the poorest regions of the world, regardless of origin, gender or religion. Based on our values and more than 100 years of professional experience, we fight poverty both as a cause and a consequence of disability. In doing so, the CBM works with local and national civil society organizations. The goal is to create an inclusive world for all.
What Guides Us
Inclusive development is at the heart of our work and is the guiding principle for all our initiatives. We believe it is the best approach for permanently and comprehensively transforming the lives of people with disabilities living in poverty and their communities for the better. With our inclusive development approach, we draw attention to barriers that prevent access and participation. At the same time, we aim to achieve full participation of people with disabilities and work to ensure that they can represent and voice their own interests and needs in all development and emergency situations.
What We Do
- Establish and strengthen comprehensive health care and systems in the areas of ophthalmology, ear, nose and throat medicine, psychosocial health and physical rehabilitation.
- Ensure inclusive education that reaches especially disadvantaged groups.
- Build inclusive and strong communities through community-based inclusive development.
- Implementing inclusive emergency response and disaster risk reduction activities.
- Strengthening international advocacy and alliances aimed at ensuring human rights for people with disabilities and promoting inclusive development cooperation.
- Promote access to treatment for neglected tropical diseases for all people in regions at risk of infection.
Christian Blind Mission (CBM)
Tel.: +49 6251 131-189
Fax: +49 6251 131-0199
Albrechtsstraße 10 Hof, 10117 Berlin
Tel.: +49 331 2062188-0
Fax: +49 331 7406648